How to Install TeamViewer in Fedora 24 Workstation
Using TeamViewer you can access your Fedora desktop from a remote computer, Also you can connect to remote computers from your Fedora desktop through the TeamViewer Client.
In this tutorial we are going to learn how to install TeamViewer on Fedora 24 Workstation.
Following is what we are going to do.
- Download TeamViewer for Fedora Linux (rpm package).
- Install TeamViewer using the dnf install command.
- Configure SeLinux for TeamViewer Daemon.
Download TeamViewer rpm installer for Fedora Linux 24
Go to TeamViewer Linux download page and download the rpm file for Fedora, under the RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, SUSE.
Save the TeamViewer rpm installer to your hard drive.
Install TeamViewer on Fedora 24
Now install the downloaded rpm file using dnf install command. Open Linux terminal and execute.
dnf install teamviewer_11.0.57095.i686.rpm
Configure Selinux for TeamViewer Daemon
From the terminal execute the following two commands to allow TeamViewer Daemon from Fedora Selinux.
ausearch -c 'teamviewerd' --raw | audit2allow -M my-teamviewerd
semodule -X 300 -i my-teamviewerd.pp
Start and Enable TeamViewer Daemon.
teamviewer daemon stop
teamviewer daemon start
teamviewer daemon enable
Above steps needs to avoid following error, "The Teamviewer daemon is not running, Please start the daemon".
Now you can launch Teamviewer from the fedora Gnome activities menu.
- In this learned how to install teamviewer in fedora 24 workstation.
- We downloaded the Teamviewer rpm file and install using dnf install command.
- Then we configured selinux in order to start TeamViewer Daemon on Fedora Linux.